Saturday, March 6, 2010

The Psychological Gremlin

So I went out last night - after putting the Gremlin to bed I left the Mother of the Gremlin to hold down the fort. Apparently, a matter of minutes after I left, our little darling began to make things interesting.

"Momma! Momma! Come here!" The MOTG poked her head into his room, hoping to defuse a 38-lb situation before the commercial break ended. Little did she know, she was dealing with the Gremlin in full capacity of hit wits.

"Momma, I'm not tired, can I come watch TV with you?"
"I'm sorry, buddy, but you need to go to sleep now."
"But I want to watch TV. And I feel a little sick." The Gremlin pouted.
"Then I think the best thing for you would be to rest with your eyes closed and try to sleep." The Gremlin changed tactics.
"But Momma, I want to watch TV and cuddle you because I love you so much. Can we cuddle on the couch?" This took the MOTG back for a moment as the Gremlin had becoming more and more independent as of late and hasn't wanted to cuddle either of us.
"Buddy, it's time for you to go to sleep."
"But I don't want to!"
"I know, but you need to sleep now. If you don't lay down and stay quiet, I'm going to have to get your father." The Gremlin smiled and looked up.
"No you won't, Momma."
"I'm going to go get him now if you don't lay down."
"You're lying, Momma. Daddy left, I heard him. I want to watch TV!"
"Buddy, Daddy would not be happy with either of us if I let you stay up and watch TV with me."
"But Momma, we don't have to tell Daddy..."

No comments:

Post a Comment