Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Sleepless Outside Seattle

The Gremlin has grown very attached to "Lickey," the stuffed 101 Dalmatian's Lucky that has been re-named because the Gremlin's "comes alive at night and licks him." On his recent trip to Chicago, the Gremlin left Lickey back in Seattle. This was becoming so traumatic that the Mother of the Gremlin stopped off at the Disney store, just to see if there was one there.

Upon arriving at the store, the Gremlin found only one stuffed dalmatian left. He bolted up to it and shouted.


"Lickey, I can't believe it! You followed me here from Seattle! I have been missing you! I am so happy!" With the stuffed animal under his arm, the Gremlin headed for the door. The MOTG tried to stop him.

"Buddy, we have to pay for that." The Gremlin was perplexed at this idea.

"Are you kidding me?! This is MY dog.  I'm not paying for my own dog!" The Gremlin was herded into line with much protest. He continued to complain and grumble, so when they reached the front of the line, the cashier was curious what was going on. After the MOTG explained the situation, the cashier was nice enough to play along. She looked at the Gremlin and tried to help explain.

"Don't worry we are only charging you for his travel expenses." The Gremlin's eyes lit up with understanding.

"Oh, a plane ticket, I get it!"


Favorite Toy of the Week: Lego Bionicle

No comments:

Post a Comment