Friday, January 21, 2011

He's Becoming a 'West Coast' Kid

The Gremlin had yet another exciting trip to the store the other day. He'd gone through the process of shopping with the Mother of the Gremlin, which I can verify is no easy task. While putting his inventory on the conveyor belt he noticed a lack of items that he wanted.

"Mumma! I want five kiwis and five peppers!" The checkout clerk laughed as the MOTG responded.

"Buddy, I don't think you're going to eat five."

"No, mumma! I will!" The clerk was laughing at this point and joined in.

"I bet you won't eat five peppers." The Gremlin glared at the intrusion and snatched up a pepper.

"I bet I will! Bell peppers are my favorite!" And with that, he bit into a red bell pepper like it was an apple. The clerk burst out laughing.

"And you can have that one for free." He looked at the MOTG. "I've never seen a kid to that before. Did you just come from the Health Food Market?"


Favorite Toy of the Week: Mandalorian Battle Pack Lego Set

2 comments:

  1. no fair.... i bet if *i* bit into my favorite fruits and veggies from the grocery store, they wouldn't give 'em to me for free. :P

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha, probably not. You should try.

    I just keep thinking of that scene in Lethal Weapon where Mel Gibson bites into the onion.

    ReplyDelete