Thursday, September 9, 2010

The Arch-Gremlin


It seems the Gremlin has met his match, in the form of a smiliarly-aged female. He was traveling to the park the other day with this girl - who he calls 'Jasp-air' - and wanted to hold her hand.

"Jasp-air, I want to hold your hand."
"Well I don't want to hold yours." The Gremlin was being very whiny that day, so the Mother of the Gremlin tried to distract him.
"Buddy, why don't you pick up a few pine cones?" Jasp-air perked up at the Gremlin having something she didn't.
"I want pine cones!" The Gremlin looked up, his arms full, and saw his opportunity to hold her hand.
"I will give you a pine cone if you hold my hand."
"I want two pine cones."
"Okay, here you go Jasp-air." After the Gremlin handed them over, she held out both hands that were now occupied by the pine cones and shrugged.
"Sorry, can't hold your hand!"
"Well, if you're not going to hold my hand, I'm not going to give you any pine cones."
"Okay." She handed them back. The Gremlin tried again.
"I want to hold your hand."
"I want two pinecones."
"Okay."
"Can't hold your hand!"
"Well I want my pine cones back."
"Okay." After Jasp-air passed the pine cones back the Gremlin his face scrunched up.
"Hey! I don't like this game - you're smarter than me!"


Favorite Toy of the Week: Curious George stuffed animal

4 comments:

  1. i'm not sure that these two should continue playing together. what if further on down the road, they got married and had kids of their own? those children would clearly be the master-beings of the planet. i'm not sure we're ready for a president/tyrant-of-the-whole-world-leader. ;P

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is a scary thought. The Gremlin may be reading but 'Jasp-air' is definitely better at reading people.

    Their battles of wills are frequent and hysterical, though I think they'd have one of those 'love/hate' relationships.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hahaha, the MOTG just told me a story - apparently Jasp-air's mother recently pointed out that if the relationship continues the way it does they're going to need to enforce some sort of rules because when Jasp-air knows that the Gremlin is coming over, she'll wear a red undershirt, and then start taking off articles of clothing as soon as they see each other.

    Cute when they're 3, not so much when they're 23...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hahaha, the MOTG failed to mention that event - but I completely agree about the two being trouble.

    Can't wait 'til you come up!

    ReplyDelete