Thursday, April 9, 2009

May You Have An Interesting Life

Several cultures consider the wish for someone to have an interesting life, journey, etc... to be a curse as they desire nothing more than to have a nice, quiet life; and interesting events are usually things going wrong. I have thus been wishing for my friends to have intelligent and interesting children.

Anyway, I woke up this morning to a happy child. The Gremlin, with all the "interesting" aspects he brings into our lives, is a generally happy child. We've been going over basic emotions so that we can get him to verbalize his feelings and help us figure out what may be wrong with him when he starts crying. He's very adept at using (agreeing or disagreeing) them to help us figure out what a problem is, though this is usually after he gets upset about it.

So I walk into the kitchen this morning in time to hear the Gremlin, who is on the floor with his mother looking at the letter magnets we have on the fridge say, "Momma, I make Dada happy!" I started laughing at how cute it was, and he pointed and said, "See, Momma?!"

As I was almost ready to head out the door, sitting on the couch putting my shoes on, the Gremlin brought in his lunchbox. As it was a slightly less sturdy brand (Crap-Tek), and the metal bracket connecting the handle to the box had bent. All I did was put it back on the track and bend it back in shape, but as soon as I did, the Gremlin started clapping and saying, "Good job, Dada! Good job!"

I smiled as I got up and went to my backpack that he'd dragged right outside his door, when I noticed a screwdriver sticking through the slide-hole on the door where the lock can be turned from. He's back to picking locks...

No comments:

Post a Comment