Saturday, April 4, 2009

Athleticism

So neither my wife or I believe the Gremlin will ever play football or baseball, even basketball is doubtful. He's extremely athletic and we think that he will be good at sports, but we don't believe he has the attention span to play especially the more structured games.

I personally want to get him into wrestling - a new favorite pastime of the Gremlin's in "big bed" (mommy and daddy's bed) - however it is certain that he enjoys sports. In addition to the wonderful "Go Bears!" or "Go Blackhawks!" or "Go Fire!" phrases that he runs around the house chanting (at least he hasn't learned any of the more colorful verbage for referees I'm always worried I'll use around him without realizing it), he's able to recognize random sports he hasn't seen before on the TV.

We were flipping through the channels last night, and the Bulls-Nets game was on. The Gremlin immediately jumped to his feet and began stuttering (as he does when he gets very excited) "I wannoo- I wannoo- I want to watch this!"

So he learned a new phrase - "Go Bulls!"

(Apparently, he also pays attention enough to - as he was wearing his Thomas Jones jersey to the park the other day - have "YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!" be his response when asked how he felt about the Cutler trade.)

No comments:

Post a Comment