Thursday, July 7, 2011

Introducing: The Pickle (Now Stay Away!)

This week the Gremlin was forced to welcome a new addition to our family - the Pickle.

Pickle

The Gremlin responded well initially, however we believe that to be due to the fact that Pickle brought him the Bionicle he wanted.

Unfortunately, I mentioned to him that Pickle would soon want to do, and play with, everything the Gremlin liked. This caused a great amount of consternation, until the Gremlin figured upon a solution he had used with me.

At the Coolest Birthday Party Ever, the Gremlin received a set of magnets that were sold as noisemakers. I, personally, always enjoyed lab science classes and attempted to make a rudimentary rail gun with these.

The Gremlin, in classic 4 year-old form, became jealous that was I enjoying his toy more than he was, and wandered up to the Mother of the Gremlin one day while I was out at work.

"Mumma, how do you spell 'don't?'"

"D-O-N-apostrophe-T."

"What's 'postrophe?"

"It's a punctuation symbol." This did not satisfy the Gremlin, however he filed that question in his "stalling trying not to go to sleep so I ask how things work" category.

"D-O-N-T. How do you spell 'touch?'"

"T-O-U-C-H."

Yeah, he'd already spelled 'STOP'
The MOTG and I have found this so hysterical that we have tried very hard (most of the time) to respect this sign, so the Gremlin thought it would work in this case as well, just a few days later.

He asked me about putting signs up in the house, and I informed him that I would be fine with that, as soon as his brother could read. I also clued him in that we weren't entirely sure he was able to read.

The MOTG informed me later the Gremlin told her his feelings were very hurt by that, and so after an apology the following sign is now hanging at the bottom of his door (that's right, the bottom - so that Pickle can read it when he crawls in their room) - 'Please Don't Touch My Toys.'

The Gremlin's handwriting on the right "says the same thing, but in kid"


Favorite Toy of the Week: (aside of Nitroblast) General Grievous Puzzle

No comments:

Post a Comment