Friday, July 9, 2010

Vocabulary and Empathy

So the Gremlin has been adding words to his vocabulary lately - and whenever he does, he tends to use them heavily for a little while, even if he has to create ways to use them. While at the airport, he seemed to pick up the relationship of 'husband,'  'wife,' and 'son' or 'daughter' for the first time.

The Gremlin approached an older gentleman who had been making small talk with the Mother of the Gremlin a few minutes before.

"'Scuse me, but are  you a daddy?"
"Why yes, I have two children, and then I am also a grandpa - I have four grandchildren."
"So do you have a wife?"
"Yes I do, I've been married for 43 years." The Gremlin looked up shocked at this new bit of information, and empathized with the man.
"Oh, I'm so sorry!" He walked back over and sat down by the Mother of the Gremlin. As she has been listening to this exchange, she turned towards him.

"Buddy, you know I'm daddy's wife, right?"
"Yeah, I know momma, that's why I'm sorry."


Favorite Toy of the Week: Ball

The movers have not yet come, and the Gremlin's entertainment supply is a bit sparse

No comments:

Post a Comment