Sunday, December 20, 2009

Story Clarification

So I realized that I said, "he's doing it again" in my last post, and may not have fully expounded on what it was he was doing. So this post is a bit dated, going back to when the Gremlin was crawling. He was independent even then, with his various escape attempts and other escapades. Well, after baby-proofing the house, it would happen that either the MOTG (Mother of the Gremlin) or DOTG (Dad of the Gremlin) would step out of the room to grab a phone, snag a bottle, burp cloth, or something of the sort.

When we would do these things, right after he started crawling at about 8 or 9 months, we'd always hear a thump right when we'd walk back into the room. It didn't matter where we were, if we were in the Gremlin's room, in the living room, in the kitchen, or at someone else's house. We naturally became concerned rather quickly, and set up a control.

One day, while the Gremlin was in his room, the DOTG got up under the guise of getting a phone (that's right, we had to set up a fake reason to get him to do it - he wouldn't do it otherwise). I left the room and stood at the door, leaving it just under halfway open. As I watched, he looked around to see if I was in the room, and then stood up. He walked over to his table and turned around, when I opened the door. He saw me, and dropped back down to his knees with a 'thump.'

For almost a week our son had not only been walking, but deliberately hiding it from us.

No comments:

Post a Comment