Tuesday, September 18, 2007

Okay, This One Might Actually Be My Fault

So I was playing with the Gremlin a few days ago, and he was getting frustrated trying to open a bottle of Vitamin Water. He's able to get caps and lids off, but he had yet to figure out how to unscrew things, and it was hysterical watching him, because he would get angry with it after about two minutes of trying, throw the bottle and cap, and then realize that he wanted to figure it out and crawl after it. Very convenient if you're trying to watch season 3 of Boston Legal, and you don't want a 10 month old grabbing your legs trying to get you to pick him up. So he works at it, throws the bottle, and goes after it again.

Anyway, I was playing with him two days ago, and he was playing with the bottle. So I figured that if I showed him a little about how it worked, it would keep him interested (read: occupied). So I took his hands and showed him how to unscrew the cap on the Vitamin Water bottle. I didn't think too much about it for the rest of the night, he didn't go for the bottle for the rest of the day.

I came home yesterday, and was lucky enough to drop my keys and have to bend over as soon as I came in the door as a shoe flew at my head.

"What were you doing with the Gremlin yesterday?" the Mother of the Gremlin was standing there, second shoe in hand, the Gremlin in her other arm with his 'innocent' face on.
"Um, nothing. Why?"
"He figured out how to unscrew his bottle today, as well as the Desitin cap." I tried as hard as I could, but I couldn't keep the chuckle from coming up. I ducked again as a shoe flew over my head.
"I might have been showing him how to screw the cap back on the Vitamin Water bottle."
"Oh good, that means you can clean up the 8oz of forumla he just dumped in his room."

Dang.

No comments:

Post a Comment